Thursday 12 April 2012

Phelching Phelps

Subsequent to the Phelps' "tribute dinner", Phelps forwarded en masse an email he received concerning the dinner that was organised for him by "Earl's Court Community Leaders", individuals who still feel the need to phelch the pervert Phelps. Phelps on 27 February 2011 forwarded this email to scores of individuals who want nothing to do with him. The email is reproduced below for your information:



-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Phelps
To: Barry Phelps
Sent: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 21:36
Subject: FW: A Tribute Dinner to Barry Phelps

A Tribute Dinner to Barry Phelps to thank him for his sixteen years’ service as an Earl’s Court Ward Councillor was given on Friday evening by Earl’s Court Community Leaders. Jonathan Choat, Chairman Orpen House Residents Association, was in the Chair. Mr Choat said: “Barry served Earl’s Court from 1994 to 2010 and topped the poll in every one of the five elections he contested, increasing his share of the vote every time. That shows what he did for Earl’s Court and how much his community appreciated him.”

In replying Barry said: “I should never have resigned from the Council until hearing the result of the complaint to the Police about me and when they dismissed it out of hand I should not have resigned at all. Indeed the Borough Commander, Chief Superintendent Mark Heath, asked me in personally to tell me of their conclusion. So there is no disgraced Mayor of the Royal Borough. But the pressure was intense and I was worn out. So I apologise to you and the rest of Earl’s Court for resigning and thank you and about 150 other Earl’s Courtiers for the support and kind words you have given me. Indeed not only have some 200 residents had kind words for me but I have not had an unkind word from any of them. Similarly all the council officers I have met or emailed have also had a kind word or two for me – with just one exception.

I am sorry not to be with you in helping steer Earl’s Court through the difficult times ahead but can give you one piece of advice. It is proposed to merge core services of the Royal Borough with those of our neighbours savings of £36 million. That raises questions. How efficient are those services at present? How many of such government proposals to achieve big saving by economies of scale have been successful? Will those savings be achieved? I don’t know. But I am certain that with the proposed cull in middle management numbers councillors will not be able to be serve you as well as before. (Which, of course, begs the question.) They will not be able to get straight on to the officer who will actually decide issues as they can at present.

So the advice is this. Our community will rely more than ever on community leaders like yourselves. You will need to be relentless in pursuing the interests of Earl’s Court. Perseverance is essential but pays off. The council leadership pay heed to sensible community leaders.

Lastly not only my thanks to you all for your support but especially to Jonathan Choat for organising this dinner and to my partner James for his total support throughout this distressing affair. Print this post